Sunday 6 April 2014

Checkavendor?

When it comes to DIY I know my limits.

Painting, wallpapering, light fittings, skirting boards, simple tiling etc are all on my list of ‘achievable’ activities.

Rewiring, gas work, central heating, glazing, carpeting etc I am very happy to leave to somebody else.

Of course the reliability of the ‘somebody else‘ is always an area of risk, which is why over the past year or two I have been using www.checkatrade.com to check up on any potential tradesmen. Here’s the principle behind the site…

More recently I’ve been thinking about how this could work from a vendors perspective.

Let’s be honest I’m sure many of us have had experiences with vendors that were perhaps less than positive – I know I have. The thing is, that even if you provide that feedback to them, the chances of it ever appearing on their websites testimonial page are, well…. slim!

This is where I think a ‘checkavendor’ site could be useful.

Of course, there are a range of factors to consider.

Anonymity of feedback Vs transparencyWould vendors post on behalf of themselves?Would vendors post negative feedback on other vendors?How does a client authenticate they are genuine etc

As well as a stack of them I probably haven’t considered…


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment